Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nancy - Thirteen Down, Forty Four to Go

Today I did Nancy.  (My wife scowls.)  As previously noted, many Crossfit workouts are named after girls.  I should name one after my wife, Lisa.  I'll have to think on this awhile to come up with a workout that matches her personality. 

Anyway, Nancy:  5 rounds for time of
Run 400 meters
15 Overhead Squats, 95 lbs.
My time:  22:02.  I was hoping for better.  In fact, I had imagined a sub 15 min workout.  But the squats were much harder than I anticipated after running 400 m. 
After Nancy, I got to use my new rope.  (Cue Angelic chorus.)  I felt like an eight year old on Christmas morning.  The rope is hanging 15 feet up.  I did 5 ascents in 4 minutes.  Rope climbing is deceptively difficult.  It also exhausts your entire body unless you're actually strong enough to climb without using your legs.  I'm not that strong.

I had hoped to do a hero WOD yesterday in honor of 9/11.  But my body just wasn't up to it.  I did a shortened Murph as best I could.  Run 1 mile, 6 rounds of 10 pullups, 20 pushups, 30 squats, run 1 mile. 

At this point, I've done thirteen named workouts.  There are 57 on the list.  Forty four to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment