Sunday, September 5, 2010

Erin and a New Hero Workout

I've been struggling a bit to return from my 5 day layoff.  My legs have been very sore, which has limited my workouts a little.  My shoulder is also a little sore.  I guess this is to be expected 2 1/2 weeks out from my 37th bday.   But just in time to keep things in perspective, a new hero workout appeared on the crossfit.com site today:  "Severin."  Given that he was 43 and in the middle of a warzone, I'll count my blessings and do the best I can. 

I felt rested enough to tackle another hero workout - Erin.  This workout is a reminder that its not just Americans sacrificing everything in Afghanistan, but Canadian soldiers as well.  The work out is
5 Rounds for time:
40 lbs. dumbbell split clean - 15 reps
21 kipping pullups
My time: 17:48

Canadian Army Master Corporal Erin Doyle, 32, was killed in a firefight August 11th, 2008 in the Panjwaii District, Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. He is survived by his wife Nicole and his daughter Zarine.
I guess it's too much to hope for that no new hero workouts will appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment