Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Early Festivus Feat of Strength: Randy

Festivus and my birthday arrived early this year.  Today I received my new Olympic bar and bumper plates.  Even though I didn't sleep well and thought that I should probably rest, I couldn't resist the smell of new rubber.  Such a wonderful Festivus present deserved an appropriate feat of strength.  So I did the hero workout Randy.

For time:  75 power snatches at 75 lbs.
My time: 9:52.
Yes, for some reason, Olympic lifting has very suggestive terminology.  But it isn't the only sport.  Take the football phrase for instance:  "muffed a punt."  Who comes up with these terms?

On a serious note, it is great to be thankful for new gifts and remember that there are things more important than weight lifting sets, like family.
My beautiful wife and her baby bump.
 Here's to Randy and his family.

In honor of Randy Simmons, 51, a 27 year LAPD veteran and SWAT team member who was killed February 6 in the line of duty. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Officer Simmons' wife and two children.

No comments:

Post a Comment