Friday, September 10, 2010

Helton and Stephen

Another day, and sadly another hero workout appeared on the Crossfit main site. U.S. Air Force Security Forces 1st Lt. Joseph D. Helton was from Monroe, GA, which is a town just an hour and a half away from me. Five more hero workouts have appeared since I took on this goal about a month ago. It's tough to have moving goal posts. I fully expected that more heroes would be added to the list. I didn't expect them to come at a rate of one per week. But all I can do is keep chugging through the list of workouts remembering how fortunate I am to be able to attempt them.

With that in mind, today I did the hero WOD "Stephen."
For time: 30-25-20-15-5 reps of
Situps on Glute Ham Developer
Back Extensions
Knees to Elbows
Stiff legged deadlift 95 lbs.
My time: 25:59.

Third Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry member Corporal Stephen Bouzane, 26, was killed by an IED strike June 20th, 2007 in the Panjwaii district in Afghanistan. He is survived by his parents Fred and Moureen Bouzane and his sister Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment