Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Great Hunter and Lynne

Lisa doesn't sleep well these days and is frequently up for brief spells in the middle of the night.  Last night was no exception.  I have been sleeping like a rock lately (I attribute this to the diet), and I vaguely remember waking up when she got back in the bed after having been up for half an hour.  When I got up this morning, she said: "I'm pretty sure the boys caught a mouse last night.  So watch out for a mouse corpse."

 Sure enough, my boys had caught one.  Even my cats are Paleo.
Vito:  The Great Black Hunter
Vito is actually quite slow.  I'm surprised he caught this one.  Usually Carlito is the mouser.

WARNING:  This part of this post is recommended for Crossfit geeks only. 

Today I did Lynne, one of Crossfit's Benchmark Girls.  I haven't done this workout in over two years.  The workout is
5 Rounds for max reps.  No time component (unlike most Crossfit workouts). 
  • Bodyweight Bench Press (165 lbs for me) - 11, 7, 6, 6, 5 = 35 total
  • Kipping Pull Ups - 25, 17, 19, 16, 15 = 92 total
I rested roughly 5 minutes between rounds.  The bench press was a personal best.  The pull ups fell a little short of my previous best.  I chose Lynne because my legs are still smoked from the last workout two days ago.

1 comment:

  1. http://countryrican.blogspot.com/2010/08/peppy-parasite-and-his-paleo-papa.html#comments

    ReplyDelete